Top-loading spigot saddle SA TL SDR 11
- Gas, water and H2
- Maximum pressure: Gas 10 bar; Water 16 bar
- Material; PE 100
- Universal clamping option (top loading):
- Safe clamping with FRIATOP
- Universal adaptation to pipe diameter
- Tapping under pressure possible
- Safety technology
- DVGW test mark: DV-8606AU2249 and DV-8611AU2250
Can only be used with the clamping device FRIATOP (Order No. 613350).
For pressure-free tapping, we recommend the drilling device from Hütz & Baumgarten (www.huetz-baumgarten.de).
For tapping under pressure, please contact our hotline: +49 621 486-2325.
PE 100 SDR 11
Maximum permissible working pressure 16 bar (water) / 10 bar (gas)
FRIALEN spigot saddles ≦d 63 can be fused with pipes of the SDR level 11 and >d 63 to pipes of the SDR level 11 to 17.6. Other SDR levels available on request. Please note the mandatory labels directly on the product. DVGW test marks issued: DV-8606AU2249 and DV-8611AU2250
Areas of Application
The FRIALEN-Spigot Saddles SA TL are used for tapping in the depressurised state of gas and water pipes as well as for pressure drainage. Outlet spigot for use with FRIALEN-couplers MB or UB.
SA TL can be used for pipes in the depressurised state as a T-piece with reduced outlet.
The saddle is clamped onto the pipe with the FRIATOP clamping device (see pricelist “Technical Equipment”). Please read the “Assembly and Operating Instructions for FRIATOP clamping unit (Top-Loading)”.
The fusion of the HD-PE distribution pipes and the house connections with FRIALEN-Spigot Saddles SA TL takes place by FRIALEN-fusing – leakproof and longitudinally strong.
The saddle and the outlet spigot have to be prepared according to the general installation instructions (see “Assembly Instructions” for “FRIALEN-Special Technology for laying large bore pipes and relining pipe networks ≥ d 250”). This involves removing the oxide layer and cleaning the pipe covered by the saddle.
Swarfless tapping up to Ø 46 mm.
For tapping pressurized pipes a shut off equipment can be used or tapping with the tapping device can be done via a combination of shut off device/KHP-Ball Valve/EFL-Full Faced Flange or shut off device/AQUAFAST-Flange.*
* (see brochure FRIALEN spigot saddles SA and SA TL: Drilling of HD-PE pipes – pressure free or under operating pressure)
Good reasons for using the FRIALEN-Spigot Saddles SA TL:
- Compact construction
- Exposed heating element for optimal heat transfer
- Swarfless tapping by tapping equipment of Hütz + Baumgarten
- Leakage free tapping possible by means of a shut off element
- Extra wide fusion zone
- The SA-TL can be applied universally to large HD-PE pipe diameters d 250-560. This means additional economy due to less material needed and less stock both with suppliers and trade
- Additional barcode for tracing back the underground fitting (Traceability-Coding)